It is easy to make pizza at home. You can make your own pizza to save money and enjoy different flavours. Your pizza can even taste much better than buying pizza out.
You can put toppings on your pizza without spending more money. It is, however, important to use the perfect pizza recipe.
1 to 3 g fresh yeast
50 g fine sea salt
1 litre of water
1.7 kg flour
Weigh your ingredients.
- Use your dough mixer to mix the salt and the water together.
- Add 20% of the flour and start your dough mixer and then mix. Slowly add the remaining flour and let it combine.
- Once your dough combines and is smooth, stop your dough mixer and remove your dough.
- Use a clean cloth to cover your dough and put it aside to rest for around 2 hours. Cover your dough at 20C temperature.
- Divide your dough into your desired size.
- Round your dough pieces into dough balls.
- Put your dough balls into a container and seal the container. Allow your dough balls to rest for 8 to 12 hours to rise naturally. The temperature of the room should not be over 16 to 18C.
Extra virgin olive oil
4 fresh basil leaves
Sliced 50g buffalo mozzarella
Peeled and crushed 60g tomatoes
220 g pizza dough
- Roll out your pizza dough and place it on a baking tray.
- Spread the peeled and crushed tomatoes over your dough.
- Scatter sliced buffalo mozzarella and place the 4 basil leaves over the top. Then, drizzle with the extra virgin olive oil.
220 pizza dough
- Preheat your oven to 220C.
- Roll out the pieces of dough into 3mm thick discs. The dough may stick to the surface, so put enough flour on the bottom of your dough. Scatter Nutella on half of your dough pieces.
- Fold your pizza dough in half to make the calzone. You just lift the far edge of the dough and pull it over the ingredients towards you.
- Put the calzone onto a granite slab, pizza stone or baking tray.
- Use your preheated oven to bake the dough for 10 to 15 minutes. Bake it until the filling becomes hot and the dough is crisp.
- Sprinkle with the icing sugar and serve immediately.
Too Lazy to Bake a Pizza?
We hope you enjoyed our article about how to make pizza at home. With this knowledge, we know that you can make the most of your pizza and enjoy the delicious meal we all know and love. If you are too tired to bake a pizza and looking for a freshly baked pizza near Lakelands, Western Australia, visit Think Pizza for a wide range of pizzas.